March 24, 2020
Covid-19 - SITUATION UPDATE
To our valued customers, supply partners, and friends.
The province of Ontario has mandated the closure of all "non-essential" businesses throughout the province. This mandate is deemed to be effective as of Wednesday March 25th.
In our continuing effort to be part of the solution this means that we will unfortunately be closing our facilities as a result. The government is signifying that this is to remain in place for a minimum of two weeks, but the reality is that we don.t really know when we.ll be able to reopen.
- Deliveries will not be accepted during the closure
- Appointments and communication about inbound shipments will still be in place, but timing will be open-ended until the situation crystalizes.
- Order fulfillment:
- Outbound shipping will not occur during the closure
- All systems will remain operational for placing orders for fulfillment. Upon re-opening the facilities, submitted orders will be queued and processed in the order they are received.
- Some product may be available to drop-ship to customers from U.S. based DC.s. Let us know what you need, and we'll try our best to make it happen.
- Manufacturing / Assembly / Production
- All production projects will pause during the closure
- Customer service and project coordinators will be working remotely throughout the closure to help assist in planning, reporting, and coordination efforts.
- Management / Sales
- All business units will remain "virtually" open through this crisis.
- All systems will remain fully operational and accessible 24/7
- Sales teams will be available to discuss status and future business needs.
Please refrain from calling wherever possible because we will not be able to respond. Some staff will be working from home, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for sales and activity related issues. Response time will be slower, so please be patient with us during these difficult times.
Please be safe and stay healthy.
March 19, 2020
To our valued customers, supply partners, and friends...
As you are painfully aware, The Covid-19 situation is evolving at unprecedented rates.
While the volume of information and the speed at which it is presented to us are compounding the difficulties in mounting a cohesive continuity plan,
we want to assure you that our first priority is being part of the solution to end this threat.
While continuing to fulfill our service mandate is of utmost importance, it is imperative that we do so in a manner that will protect our employees and their families.
We are following the advice of medical professionals and all levels of government in order to do so.
Given the nature of the work we are tasked with, many of the roles in our organization require staff be present on site to perform the duties that make up our
service offering. Wherever possible, we have implemented “work from home” options for the few employees that can do so.
- Mandatory excusal from work for anyone displaying illness of any kind.
- Excusal or “work from home” options for any employees identified with high risk to health (ie pre-existing conditions, heart, or respiratory conditions).
- Adjournment or “work from home” options for any employees deeply concerned with health or social well-being at the workplace.
- Self-monitoring and social distancing training for all employees.
- Adoption of CDC, health Canada, and Peel public health best practices, including frequent sanitizing of workstations and common areas, self-isolation for recent international travelers, and social distancing.
- Routine supervisor/manager health checks to ensure the workplace stays uncontaminated.
- Undue constraints on visitor access to our facilities, including the elimination of pickups by customers.
Current Operational Status
- Currently, we are fully operational from customer service through production and shipping. We have examined all aspects of our business operations and have taken actions to ensure continued service to our clients. We remain prepared to serve you.
- We are experiencing some delays in communication as a result of unplanned absenteeism and an adapting work environment. Although somewhat encumbered, our dedicated customer service, accounting, production, and sales teams are all working and available to support you.
- Our IT team has been working tirelessly to facilitate “work from home” functionality and ensure the remote access to information and interaction tools are maximized for all users.
Thank you for your continued support and we will get through this together. We will continue to adjust our plans based on the changing environment and
will update you on our situation wherever possible.
Please be safe and stay healthy.